Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Denny's


Santa Fe Skillet


























I haven't been to a Denny's in yearsssssss. It's not a privately owned breakfast place, not a fancy experience either, but I sure enjoyed my breakfast. Sometimes cheap and easy is the way to go.

For my main dish I ordered the Santa Fe Skillet. Over the years Denny's has added skillets to their menu, taken them away, added new ones, etc. The Santa Fe Skillet isn't for the faint of heart. The combination of ingredients here lend for a hearty and super flavorful breakfast. Beneath those eggs is the smoky flavors of chorizo sausage, fire-roasted peppers, onions, mushrooms, red-skinned potatoes all served on a hot skillet. Topped with a cheese blend and two eggs cooked any way you want. I asked for mine to be made medium, so they were slighty runny buy not slimey. The red you see on top of the eggs is some hot sauce I splattered on top. If you like a good kick, this dish is a bit spicy on it's own, thanks to the chorizo. If spicy isn't your thing but you'd like to try a skillet breakfast, Denny's has other skillets available, such as the Prime Rib Skillet and the Ultimate Skillet.

Pancake Puppies, come served with butter and warm syrup!


These Pancake Puppies were suprisingly awesome! Obtaining the outter texture of traditional hush puppies, but keeping the test and inner texture of yummy pancakes, these would go great with coffee for a mid-day or late-night snack!

They come sprinkled with brown suger and a side of hot syrup to dip.

I couldn't resist! I had to order a side bowl of grits. You either love them or hate them. Well, I put some butter and hot sauce on top of mine and went to town...



Grits! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment