Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ringling Bros. Circus



Went to the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum last weekend for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus! Ringling Bros. currently has 3 variations of the circus touring: Dragons, Fully Charged, and Barnum Bash. We saw Dragons and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it. I've been to the circus several years ago but this year blew whatever memories I had out of the water. The Dragons show was quite entertaining and worth the trip.










Not sure how these ladies did it, but they managed to hang by their hair... the chords swiftly pulled them off of the elephants and they began to swing around. I'd like to know what shampoo and conditioner they use.. :P







The lion and his tiger buddies was one of my favorites. I don't know how that trainer stayed calm being in that cage with them. At one point one of the tigers started growling and swatting in his direction. Not going to lie, made me slightly nervous. I kept hoping the circus wouldn't end up on the evening news.. :x
All kidding aside, this turned out to be one of my favorite acts.








The high-wire acts were entertaining and included motocycles with hanging ladies twirling about below. At the end the motorcyles began to spin around the wires flipping the ladies into the air.



The Samurai's performed stunts with swords.. breaking and smashing things. They also took turns bending steel pipes using their body to show-off their strength.



                                                                                                                                                             

 



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        




 The grand finale.. the Dragon is summoned!

No comments:

Post a Comment