Monday, June 25, 2012

Grilled Veggie BBQ

Grilled Eggplant and Peppers




























So my best friends family had a BBQ! This is my favorite place to do the whole outdoors/BBQ thing.. 
and for several reasons! First, I get to spend time with my best friend, and her family, whom I love. This is my #1 reason for going, the people in your life are always more important then places or things... or food, adventure & travel for that matter! The people who come along for the ride make it all worth while! 



The Peppers before they hit the Grill!




Second, and most important for this blog 
I suppose, is the fact that they are always making interesting food and grilling different and unusual things, compared to the ordinary BBQ. Don't expect to dine here and get your ordinary hotdogs & burgers! Not that there's anything wrong with hotdogs & burgers! I'd eat them too... lol. This time VEGGIES were the main focus!

So we cut up all sorts of peppers into nice hearty chunks. The eggplants were cut into thin slices. A little drizzle of olive oil and some spices were added before everything was placed on this grill.







The Eggplant before it hit the Grill!


Red Potatoes



The Red Potatoes were scattered in a pan, drizzled with olive oil and some spices. Then, they were placed in the oven to roast. Why I don't have an 'after' picture of this, I'm not sure! I guess by the time they came out I was too distracted actually eatting them to take the 'after' pic! Sorry guys, next time! :P







My bestie's mom made asparagus soup from scratch.
I have no idea what was put into it or how it was made, but thankfully she made a large pot of it. Everyone had 2nds, 3rds and 4ths! It was just that good... I believe this is a secret family recipe though, so we may never know what goes into this! 


Homemade Asparagus Soup



No comments:

Post a Comment